Thursday 3 September 2009

The Proclaimers

500 miles is named after the lyrics of The Proclaimers’ famous anthem, “I would walk 500 miles” – so Craig and Charlie’s support has always been very important and valuable to me. Right from the start up of 500 miles, The Proclaimers said that they would play a concert for the charity when we could find a suitable date. After much to-ing and fro-ing with Kenny MacDonald, the manager of the band, I really thought that this opportunity was going to slip into 2010 - or beyond - but around the end of February this year a window suddenly opened up for Saturday 3rd October. It is sandwiched in between the US tour which ends on 25th of September in San Fransisco and the UK tour which starts on the 9th of October - all following on the release of their latest album, Notes & Rhymes. I know how lucky I am!


As well as playing a full set at the Miles for Smiles ball, Craig and Charlie are also going to walk one of my 500 miles in the Miles for Smiles 500 miles Challenge - at some point in the afternoon of the 3rd of October.


Today I was in Festival Square with Craig and Charlie checking out the mile route - for a photograph for the Evening News.


No comments:

Post a Comment