Wednesday 23 September 2009

Lots to do!

There has been a slight gap in my blog entries because Robin (husband) has been away and he puts them on line for me. Some might say that he needed to be on the other side of the Atlantic from me for a few days!


The goody bags are on their way from Malawi and the Saltire, hopefully signed by Sir Sean, is in Glasgow and coming to me later today.


For the ball, I am at the stage of finalising the auction lots which I will post here on Friday this week. That means they are also nearly ready for the programme and the vouchers can be made up.


I also need to finalise my list of 72 table prizes for the prize draw, collect quite a number of them and make up vouchers for others - and then label them up. It needs to be done right now because it all needs to go into the programme for the ball.


I have also had to assemble all the pictures to illustrate the auction prizes on the screens at the ball and all the corporate logos for the screens and the programme.


I’m trying to tell myself that it is good that the printing of the programme is forcing the pace on these things because it should allow me to spend some time at the weekend and next week getting enough people registered for the 500 miles Challenge.


The 500 mile Challenge is proving hard work! Not that I ever plan to do this again, but if I was I would change two things. The first is that I would put the register on line so that people could see for themselves where there are free places in the register and the second is that people should be able to fill in an application and send it on line instead of having to print it off and post it or scan and email it. I decided aganst that because it would have been expensive but it woud have been worth it in hinsight!


I have almost finalised my list of bands which will be playing in Festival Square all day. I’ll post that timetable shortly too.


No comments:

Post a Comment