Tuesday 11 August 2009

I did my legal training with Louise Milligan. She is an advocate but now has a wonderful media company with her husband, Justin Adams. It’s called LA Media – www.lamedia.co.uk.


I asked Louise and Justin if they would make me a short DVD about what 500 miles actually does to show at the ball. Just a day or two later I was in their office in Drummond Place explaining what I was looking for and handing over my amateur photos and ideas for music to Jude Lightbody who was going to make my film. I did realise that my ideas for music were not impressing Jude or Justin but I didn’t catch on to what they were already imagining instead.


Just 4 days later – on Friday last week – I was back but this time in the full professional editing suite hidden in the basement – to watch the first run though with Jude – and also Mike Jameson, the music man. It was brilliant. They had my concept taped and the tone and message bang on. The best bit however was the sound track. I reckon my selection of cheesy pop songs playing on the word “smile” hadn’t even been downloaded and instead Mike had composed me something unique to accompany my stills and the graphics.


Today LA Media delivered a further developed version of the DVD so that I can work on what words I’d like to appear but amazingly, it is almost there! It is fantastic working with such talented people!


After Miles for Smiles you’ll be able to see the film on the 500 miles website.


No comments:

Post a Comment